Toots his horn:

"Sometimes funny, sometimes dreadful, but at least
it's well-written all the time."
--Philippine Web Awards Fortnightly, April 20, 2005.

28.12.04

Tsunami Have Killed Thousands Over Years

(1:49 PM)

This devastating "Asian Quake" brings back memories of our own earthquake back here in the Philippines, last July 16, 1990.

I was just starting out in college, it was an afternoon, and we were finishing some posters in the ground floor foyer of Faura Hall. The table started shaking and people were going down the stairs from the upper floors. In a few seconds, everyone was rushing out of the building.

I was left at the table, holding a bottle of Elmer's Glue and sipping a can of Coke. My groupmates were gone.

But it's not finished yet, I said.

There was a giant trophy cabinet on the far wall and all the trophies started jumping off their shelves. Glass was breaking.

Oh, okay, I said to no one in particular.

I picked up my bag and followed the screaming crowd.

I didn't see my Coke can tumble and fall off the table, creating shockwaves inside, too small to be noticed.

----

1 Comments:

Blogger markmomukhamo wrote (8:28 AM):  

totally inappropriate link about the subject matter:

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/266012p-227820c.html

----

Post a Comment

----